Tuesday, June 28, 2011

February 2010 Last Minute Trip -Part V

After lunch we took the kids on their first ever trip to Tom Sawyer's Island. This is one of the few places we have never done. My mom has photos of me on the Island at 4 years old in about 1980! The kids loved it! The birthday boy wanted to stay all day and "be an explorer mom".

"Still Crazy After All These Years" Mom and Dad playing Checkers in Fort Langhorn.


We also did the 3pm parade for the first time ( usually too hot!)





We spent an easy afternoon on BTM, the train, Pirates, Tiki Room, and Magic Carpets. We missed the afternoon shower by a luckily planned shopping trip to the Emporium. I couldn't figure out why it got so crowded all of a sudden until I noticed the downpour outside! more 20% off shopping!

Evening in Tomorrowland....love Monsters Inc. The evening was only a bit dampened by a call from my hospital "Kate, we have you on the schedule for tonight, it is 7:19pm where are you?" ACK! "No, I have another RN covering for me! I can't really come in right now, I just got off the Peoplemover in Tomorrowland in Disney World..." They found her. She forgot she was covering me...still caused me a bit of stress. I don't like letting people down. No harm done thankfully!

I sent the family to secure a Wishes viewing location, and the birthday boy and I went on a Funnel Cake Mission! YUM! Also for those who don't know, if you are on DDP (we weren't this trip) even though there is no "snack icon" next to the funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow, and it is more than $4, if you ask, they will let you use it as a snack credit! I learned this from "another board" and it worked for me in September! Anyway those funnel cakes are YUMMY! Just the perfect thing to munch on while waiting for Wishes! The music when the kids sing "Starlight, star bright..." makes me tear up every time! This summer we will be seeing "Summer Nightastic" or whatever that will be. I'm super excited about the Mainstreet Electrical Parade....loved it as a kid.

After Wishes another quick getaway back to SSR. Kids to bed by 9pm! Mom and Dad and I headed to Artist's Palate to get some dinner. I cannot recommend enough that Roast Beef and Blue sandwich there. It was fantastic. Tomorrow....Gran and Pop leave early and we have a late flight out....will sleep in and have an easier day. We are all exhausted! Never done MK from open to close with the kids before....probably won't again! But we did a lot we usually miss because of naps like Tom Sawyer Island and the Parade.

Gotta get dinner on the table...kids are getting cranky! Will finish the last day TR later.....My folks had Magical Express Issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment